The little black dress, also infamously known as the LBD. It is without a doubt a staple piece in your closet and most definitely one of the top 10 wardrobe essentials in any woman’s collection.
So why black you may ask?? It’s not for any other reason than that black is chic, timeless and sexy. Done in a high quality fabric, (or not). The reason I say that, and it’s not that any of us want to purchase a low quality item but sometimes you just can’t justify the price tag for the silk or cashmere.
“If your budget does not allow for all high quality pieces, scrimp on the darks. Workmanship is much more noticeable on light coloured fabrics; inexpensive light coloured pieces will always look cheaper than inexpensive dark ones” – INSTYLE, Secrets of Style
The single most important feature when buying your LBD is the fit – do not compromise – if you have fallen head over heels for a LBD and it’s just not quite there – enlist the help of a good tailor.
A good tailor can:
Alter the neckline,
Obviously these alterations come at a cost so avoiding them is best but a nip or tuck for the perfect fit can be priceless!
Different ways to wear your LBD
1. CLASSIC CHIC
– pearls, diamonds, gold, silver… whatever your choice of sparkle is, keep it minimal and sophistcated
– your most classic favourite watch
– ankle booties
– oversized jewellery
– metalic deatails on your clutch
– leather jacket for a hint of rocker sexy
– armful of bangles
3. WORK APPROPRIATE
– stud earrings
– full length boots or pumps depending on the waether
– opaque hose
– depending on the neckline, if it is a sheath style dress, a crisp white collared shirt underneath is always very profesional and clean even sans blazer
4. PARTY LBD
– add colour
– pashmina, silk scarf, fur wrap
– coloured platform pumps or strappy and sexy heels
– trendy fun bangles earrings OR statement necklace and a cocktail ring!
Be creative, there’s no knowing where your LBD might take you. It is simple to take this outfit from day to night just by swapping out the jewellery and outerwear selection. Remember, the most important aspect of fashion is that there are no limits. You are the one that will define that LBD, so make yourself proud and rock it out!
For the LOVE of fashion, wardrobing and style